Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women
Learn More About the Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Therapy for Women in Seattle
As women age, their hormone levels begin to gradually decline as part of the natural aging process; it’s very common for women over the age of 35 to experience at least one hormone related side effect. Since all hormones work together within the body, one hormonal imbalance can cause other hormones to stop working as well, resulting in multiple unpleasant symptoms.
Women with hormonal imbalances, dominances or deficiencies can find the symptom relief they need in a custom tailored Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy created by their Seattle Bioidentical Hormone doctor.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy and Menopause
During menopause, the body begins producing less estrogen and progesterone, which can result in many uncomfortable changes and symptoms. Perimenopause begins before the onset of menopause, and while women generally continue having regular periods during perimenopause, some of these hormonal changes are already taking place. Some of the common symptoms that women experience during menopause and perimenopause include:
- Night Sweats
- Night sweats are common in women experiencing menopause, and they can leave women drenched in sweat at night. These night sweats often make it difficult to sleep well at night. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is often able to correct hormonal imbalances, reducing problems with night sweats.
- Hot Flashes
- Hot flashes can be embarrassing and uncomfortable, and they are one of the most common symptoms of menopause and perimenopause. Correcting hormone levels with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may help relieve hot flashes.
- Vaginal Dryness
- Many women going through menopause experience vaginal dryness, which results in discomfort during intercourse. Treating this problem with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy often corrects this problem, allowing women to enjoy comfortable intercourse once again.
- Anxiety and Depression
- Anxiety and depression are often a result of a hormone imbalance, particularly in women who are going through menopause. By evaluating a woman’s hormone balance and treating any imbalances with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, many women are able to see a reduction in anxiety and depression.
- Problems Losing Weight
- As hormone levels change, weight loss and weight maintenance become more challenging. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy often makes it easier for women to lose weight and then maintain a healthy weight.
- Energy Loss
- Fatigue and energy loss often come with hormonal deficiencies, and many different hormones can be responsible for fatigue and energy loss. By testing a woman’s hormone levels, medical professionals can discover the root problem of the fatigue, and the problem can be addressed successfully with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- Insomnia also affects many women going through perimenopause and menopause. Declining hormone levels often make this problem even worse in women. Lack of sleep can have serious negative effects on a woman’s health, interfering with a woman’s mental health, mood, energy levels, and overall health. Identifying the hormonal deficiency responsible for insomnia and treating it with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may reduce insomnia and improve overall quality of life and health in women.
The Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy offers many benefits for women in Seattle, Washington. For example, the body more easily accepts bioidentical hormones, which helps to reduce the risk of side effects and improves the rate at which the hormonal imbalance or deficiency can be treated. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy has also been used more than 80 years safely, so women can feel comfortable using a proven, safe method of treating hormone deficiencies.
Instead of offering women one-size-fits-all hormone treatments, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy treats each woman individually, offering women a personalized approach that treats their specific problems effectively. For women who suffer from multiple hormonal deficiencies, custom compounds can be made to treat multiple symptoms at once, improving quality of life and overall health faster.
If you’re suffering from the symptoms of a hormone imbalance, BHRT may prove to be an effective treatment for you. Contact a local Seattle Bioidentical Hormone Doctor today and discover how Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help you.