Explore the Many Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Learn How Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Can Help You Feel Your Best!
Stress, poor diet, aging, and busy lifestyles can impair normal hormone production. Hormone deficiencies and imbalances often result in medical problems, since hormone levels affect the function of the entire body. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can be used to help eliminate hormonal deficiencies and imbalances.
Bioidentical Hormones are an exact biological and chemical match to the hormones the body makes, and treatment with these hormones has become a popular choice among individuals who require hormone therapy. The following are some of the benefits patients can enjoy when they choose Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy administered by an experienced medical professional.
A Short List of the Many Benefits of BHRT
- A Natural Solution
- One of the key benefits of using Bioidentical Hormones is that the body easily accepts these hormones. Since the hormones are created to share the same chemical and molecular structure as natural human hormones, the body has no problem accepting and using the hormones, reducing the chance of unwanted side effects. Bioidentical Hormones are also metabolized more readily by a patient’s body, which often makes it possible to correct a hormonal deficiency or imbalance faster, effectively treating the symptoms caused by the deficiency or imbalance.
- A Personalized Approach
- Many patients appreciate that Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy offers a personalized approach to treating hormonal problems. Traditional hormone replacement therapy uses pre-formulated, one-size-fits-all hormones that may not work well for every individual. Seattle Bioidentical Hormone physicians take the time to ensure that every patient enjoys a treatment plan that is specifically tailored to the patient’s unique hormonal needs. Before administering Bioidentical Hormones, medical tests are conducted to discover any hormonal deficiencies or imbalances, and then a treatment plan is developed to treat those problems effectively. This personalized, custom approach also makes Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy more effective and safer than traditional hormone replacement therapy.
- A Long History of Safe Use
- Bioidentical Hormones have been used safely for decades, which is another benefit of choosing this type of hormone replacement therapy. The first use of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy dates back to the 1930s. This is not a new, untested form of treatment – it is an established treatment for hormone deficiencies and imbalances and has been found to be extremely safe. In fact, medical evidence shows that Bioidentical Hormones are generally safer than their synthetic counterparts are.
- A Customized Treatment Plan Can Address Several Problems at Once
- Many patients have more than one hormone imbalance or deficiency, requiring the replacement of multiple hormones. With the use of custom compounds, a compounding pharmacy can create a compound of Bioidentical Hormones that is specifically designed to address the hormone needs of the individual patient. The custom compounds make it easy to treat several problems at once, quickly addressing the medical needs of the patient to improve their overall health and quality of life.
- A Lower Risk of Breast Cancer in Women
- One of the main risks women face when taking synthetic progestin is the risk of breast cancer. However, according to a study found in Postgraduate Medicine, bioidentical progesterone is associated with a lower risk of breast cancer when compared to synthetic progestin. Other studies have also supported the fact that using natural, bioidentical progesterone and estrogens offers less or even no risk of breast cancer in women when compared to using synthetic hormones. For women who already have a high risk of breast cancer, Bioidentical Hormones offer a safer way to treat hormonal imbalances or deficiencies.
- A Solution for Both Men and Women
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy also offers the benefit of being able to treat multiple medical problems both women and men. For example, for women going through menopause, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is often able to reduce some of the common menopausal symptoms, such as mood swings, hot flashes, depression, insomnia, night sweats, and vaginal dryness. In men that begin dealing with declining testosterone levels, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may help to reduce problems with fatigue, erectile dysfunction, muscle loss, and low libido. In both men and women, Bioidentical Hormones may be used to treat problems with weight loss resistance. Some of the other medical problems that may be treated successfully with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy include adrenal disorders, thyroid problems, severe premenstrual syndrome, and sexual dysfunction.
To learn more about the benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, contact a Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Specialist in the Seattle, Washington area for more information.
Speak With A Bioidentical Hormone Doctor Near You!